Join our Team
Finding Yellow is a growing disability service provider located in Cessnock that provides support throughout the local government area. It’s a great place to work and we’re always on the lookout for new team members to work across our services including in-home support, community and accommodation.
If you’re interested in joining our hardworking team, we’re currently on the lookout for…
Support workers – these roles often begin as casual then progress to permanent part-time. Of course, we pride ourselves on what we do and therefore have high expectations. So if you share our vision of supporting the independence of individuals with a disability and meet the key criteria below, please get in touch.
Our key criteria
· Experience in working with people with a disability in a variety of settings and service types, including but not limited to; coordination of supports, supported independent living, community, group and individual programs.
· Awareness of best practice disability service delivery philosophies and the ability to develop a collaborative and cheerful environment for clients.
· Knowledge of the NDIS, Disability Services Standards, regulatory framework, the disability sector in general, inclusive of person centred approaches and the importance of choice and control for clients.
· A positive attitude, professional demeanour, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills coupled with a high level of emotional intelligence.
· Preferred qualification(s) in Disability, Social Work, Human, Community Service or Business Administration.
· Class C driver's licence, current First Aid Certificate, Working with Children Check (WWCC) and National Criminal Record (NPC) check, will be required.
Does this sound like you? If so, please contact Bianca, our Business Services Manager, for a confidential chat today.
T: 02 4991 5442
VOLUNTEER AND PLAY A VITAL PART IN OUR CAUSE
Finding Yellow continually works in partnership with the clients to enable them to live their dreams. However, there are times when our staff simply cannot do it all. That's why the assistance and support from volunteers in the community is such a vital and important part of the client's stories.
Volunteering is an opportunity to do something worthwhile for your community and be a part of an experience that is rewarding, builds or enhances existing skills, strengthens capacity and is invaluable experience for those involved.
Our volunteers come from many places, have many faces and have varying capabilities.
We have opportunities available to suit each and every one of them – including, but not limited to: gardening, maintenance, driving, community support activities and administrative tasks.
To discover the important role you could play in the journey to finding yellow, read our Volunteer Position Description.
If you’re interested in supporting Finding Yellow by volunteering, please get in touch today by filling in our volunteer form, dropping us an email or giving us a call. We can’t wait to hear from you!